James Allen said “ As a man thinketh so he [she] is.” As we speak so we are.” Affirmations and positive self talk are key to affirming the direction you want to go. Words have power. The more you speak the more the universe accepts it.
- I will eat healthy whole foods.
- I eat clean.
- I enjoy healthy foods.
- I eat only when truly hungry and stop when full.
- I eat natural foods, limiting processed foods.
- I practice living the flow daily.
- I am rooted in my intentions.
- I walk mindfully affirming that I leave a legacy with each step.
- I am focused on providing proper nutrition to my body.
- I mindfully choose foods that give my body what it needs vs. what it wants.
- I fuel my body with wholesome and diverse experiences.
- My Afro Flow Yoga practice nurtures my body and soul.
This is also a time to honor our ancestors.
Fet Gede (Nov 4th) in Haiti for example, known as the Festival of the Ancestors, is a time when people dress up, take to the streets and dance their communion with the ancestors. Honoring those who have come before us gives us great knowledge of the past and great insight into the future by understanding the gifts and burdens that we have inherited.